Christmas Show Application
The 40th Annual Christmas Show takes place online from November 20 to December 12, 2020. Applications are due Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
Our first and foremost priority is for the safety and health of our artists, customers, team members and community. In light of the current pandemic, the Christmas Show & Sale is moving online. Our redesigned website now enables customers to shop online from the comfort of their home and, with a longer duration, the show will be better able to cater to last-minute shoppers.
The cost to be a vendor in the online Christmas Show & Sale is $25 + $3.25 HST. Vendor fees are non-refundable and will be applied to the cost of print and digital advertising. A 10% commission plus a transaction fee of 2.9% will be charged on items sold. If you are accepted, payment of the show fee will be made online through a secure form.
The Christmas Show & Sale is open to all members in good standing. The reputation of the show has been built on presenting quality handmade work:
- The design of an article must be the original idea of the exhibitor or a skillful rendering of a traditional or classic design.
- The applicant must be the designer and maker of the work represented by his or her application.
- Ready-made components are acceptable only where their importance is subordinate to the skill and design contributed by the maker, and where their use is clearly appropriate to the nature and design of the work. Articles made from molds are acceptable only where the mold is the design and product of the artist or craftsperson or where the mold is subordinate to the maker’s creativity.
- When licensed copyright images from a third party are used, a copy of the permission agreement must accompany your application.
- Ceramics from commercial molds, kit work, food or mass-produced articles are ineligible and cannot be displayed or sold in your booth. Any articles in any media using a commercial kit or commercially available plans or patterns are disqualified.
If your application meets the above criteria, jurying will also take into consideration your presentation of a balance of media and the quality of your images. Muskoka Arts & Crafts reserves the right to decide about the appropriateness of all work to be included in the show.
Quality: Images of your work are your most valuable marketing tool. Images should be of professional quality: in focus, evenly lit, with a neutral background or an artistically attractive vignette. The product should be the only focus of the image (writing, price stickers or business cards should not be shown). Only one product should be shown in each image.
Number of Images: Each artist may have up to 5 product listings. For each listing, you must submit one main image and you may submit two additional images to show variations (e.g. the product in different colours). If the product is one-of-a-kind, you can use these additional images to show details.
The image file name should indicate the title and whether it is a variation or a detail. For example: mug-main.jpg, mug-variation-blue.jpg; painting-main.jpg, painting-detail.jpg.
File Size: Images must be a minimum of 800 pixels wide or tall at 72dpi in .jpg or .png format, maximum size 5MB.