+Join Muskoka Arts & Crafts and become part of our community of makers! Our membership consists of more than 350+ artists, craftspeople, collectors, supporters, patrons and businesses. Access professional development resources, discounts and gain visibility for your work by becoming a member.
Perfect for artists and art enthusiasts aged 18 and under.
Enjoy all the benefits of an Art Enthusiast membership at a reduced rate, plus:
- Student Member rate for classes
- Student Member rate for Art Crawl
- Reduced commission for student shows
Annual Fee: $25+HST
You don’t have to be an artist to join our community. This membership is perfect for art enthusiasts, collector, hobbyists and art supporters.
- Chapel Gallery Rental Discount
- Member-exclusive content
- Seasonal Newsletter & MAC Insider
- Discounts at Martin’s Framing and Muskoka Paint & Decorating
- Reduced fees for Life & Portrait Drawing Classes
- Reduced fees for MAC Artist Workshops
- Entry to exclusive MAC Member Events
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
Annual Fee: $40 +HST
Artist & Maker
Best for emerging artists, professional artists and craftspeople with expanded benefits and marketing opportunities
Enjoy all the benefits of a Basic membership, plus:
- Join our MAC Member Directory
- Participation in the Annual Spring Member Show and other group shows throughout the year.
- Option to apply for a solo or group show with MAC. This is exclusive to members.
- Working space with free wifi at MAC on MAIN during working hours.
- Two event promotion options yearly in the MAC Insider and social media (over 14,000 followers).
- $150 in savings off Summer Show booth fee and application fee.
- Up to 6 product listings in the MAC online store.
- Option to participate in our Muskoka Airport MAC Shop & Muskoka Hospice MAC Shop
- Automatic participation in our NEW iOS/Android App launching May 1st, 2024.
- Prince Edward County Art Swap 2024
- Reduced membership fee for Craft Ontario with entry to our exhibition collab in 2024.
- License to use the MAC Muskoka Maker Mark, a symbol that designates a maker creating art and craft in Muskoka
- 30% commission for all Artist & Makers both online and in the galleries.
Annual Fee: $120+HST
MAC Maker Mark
Artist & Maker members are able to download and use the MAC Maker Mark, a designation given to artists and craftspeople producing work in Muskoka. The Maker Mark is a signal to art lovers that the work they’re buying was made in Muskoka.
Ways to Apply
- Apply online by filling out the Art Enthusiast, Artist & Maker or Junior Artist membership application, above.
- Call 705-645-5501 to apply by phone.
What are the benefits of becoming a MAC Member?
There are many benefits to being a member. Besides those listed above, you become a part of an exciting and engaging arts community committed to helping artists and the community thrive.With more funding and members we can make more amazing opportunities happen!
What is the difference between a Art Enthusiast and Artist & Maker Membership?
In an effort to make sure MAC members get the services and information they need and want, we have changed our membership structure. The Art Enthusiast membership is geared towards all art and craft lovers who want to engage in the local art community. The Artist & Maker membership is geared towards emerging artists, professional artists and craftspeople looking for expanded benefits and marketing opportunities.
An Artist & Maker membership includes all of the benefits of an Art Enthusiast membership as well as a member profile listing on our website, automatic inclusion in the iOS/Android app, participation in the Spring Member Show, ability to apply for a MAC solo or group show, working space at the new MAC on MAIN location, discounted fees for the MAC Annual Summer Show, ability to list products in the MAC Online Shop, reduced membership fee for Craft Ontario, a license to use the MAC Muskoka Maker Mark, and additional promotion opportunities.
What is member-exclusive content?
This includes content specific to members like upcoming lectures, workshops, shows and events that are either exclusive or discounted for members. Often you will find this information in the members’ monthly newsletter.
What is an Member Directory Listing?
On your own profile page in the Member Directory there will be 9 images of your work, one to be used as a thumbnail on the main directory page, an expanded write-up, website, contact and location information, as well as links to your social media pages. We will use this page on our social media to create member highlights through the year. This can also be used as a landing page if you don’t have your own website or social media.
Can you tell me more about the MAC Shop listing?
Artist & Maker members may have up to 6 listings in our online MAC Shop. As long as your membership is active you can have items for sale in the shop. When an item sells you can replace it with a new one. Artists get 90% of the proceeds from sales, minus the processing fees, while the remaining 10% goes to MAC for shop advertising and maintenance.
MAC is a not-for-profit and so ultimately all proceeds are invested back into our artists and community. Visit the MAC Shop Q&A for a better idea of how the public interacts with the shop.
What is the MAC Maker Mark?
The MAC Maker Mark is a designation given to artists and craftspeople producing work in Muskoka. It is available to Artist & Maker Members to download and use in their marketing materials.
When you see the MAC Maker Mark, you can be confident that the work you’re buying was made by one of our MAC Members. Learn more about the MAC Maker Mark here.
What local stores offer discounts to MAC members?
What happens after I apply?
After your application and fee have been processed you will be provided with an account that will allow you to access the members section of the website. Here you will find member specific announcements, resources, event and show applications and more.
Can I upgrade my membership?
You can upgrade from an Art Enthusiast to Artist & Maker Memership at any time. You will find this option in the member’s section of the website. This fee will be prorated, taking into account your Art Enthusiast membership fee and the time remaining until your renewal date.
How do I renew my membership?
As your renewal date nears you will be notified by email. If you’d like to opt out of renewal, you can cancel your membership from within the Members area. If you choose not to opt out and you have paid with credit card, your membership will be automatically renewed. If you prefer to pay in person or by phone you will still receive email notification of your renewal coming due but you will have to contact Muskoka Arts & Crafts to complete payment.
Can I cancel my membership?
You can choose to opt out of renewal as your membership renewal date nears. Also, if at any time you would like to cancel your membership, please contact email@example.com. Unfortunately, if you choose to cancel your membership before it expires, we do not offer refunds.